- For the Bowl
- Quinoa or Black rice – 4 oz. (1/2 cup) *Paleo – use roasted sweet potatoes*
- Black or Kidney beans (veg) – 3 oz. or Organic Chicken – 3 oz.
- Bell pepper – 1/4 of a whole, sliced
- Carrot – ¼ cup, shredded
- Spinach or Kale – 1 cup
- Avocado – 1/2, sliced
- Almonds (raw) – 10, crushed
- Sea salt – Dash (to taste)
- For Sauce
- Honey – 1 tsp.
- Mustard – 1 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice – juice from one wedge
- Cumin, pepper, oregano – 1/2 tsp. each
- Rinse and cook quinoa or rice. (Can be prepped ahead for faster meals)
- Cook beans or chicken. (Can be prepped ahead for faster meals)
- Prepare veggies: slice bell pepper, shred carrots, and rinse greens. Slice avocado.
- Make the sauce: Add olive oil, honey, lemon juice and mustard to a bowl and whisk until combined. Mix in spices.
- Arrange the ingredients all of the ingredients in a bowl by layering or sectioning.
- Drizzle with sauce.
- Top with almonds and sea salt.